Promoting your event or activity
There are lots of ways in which you can promote your event or activity and help to generate extra publicity and support. These include contacting:
- Local clubs and groups, such as golf clubs, rugby clubs, football clubs, cycling clubs, scouts, guides, rotary clubs, and Round Table clubs to see if they would run fundraisers, make a donation or sponsor you;
- Local grant-giving charities that hold fundraising events, such as charity balls, golf days, fashion shows, etc. and asking for the Foundation to be one of the charities that they choose to support;
- Local newspapers and radio stations – to find out if they might get involved in an awareness raising campaign or fundraiser for you or the Foundation;
- Local businesses who might provide financial or in-kind sponsorship – ask if they will support the UKSCF as their preferred charity, match any funds you raise or will help raise funds through their own efforts – e.g. a race night, charity ball or event, car boot sale, etc.;
- Ask friends and acquaintances if they will nominate the UKSCF as their preferred charity at their own work or club.
Tell us about your event or challenge. We would love to know about your fundraising plans. We can help you with advice, packs, tools and support. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7491 6566.