Links in this Section
Make a Difference
There are many ways in which you can help to fundraise for us. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
Remember a loved one by setting up an ‘In Memory’ web page, where you can tell the story of the person you’re remembering and explain why you’re raising money in their memory. You can encourage other friends and family to pay tribute to your loved one by donating to the Foundation. For more information, log on to www.justgiving.com/ukscf/Remember.
Celebrate special occasions with a difference. As an alternative to giving and receiving gifts, why not make a donation or encourage friends and family to donate to the Foundation? Your contribution could have a lasting, life-changing impact for people affected by a wide range of conditions. You will receive a certificate in recognition of your gift, which can be sent directly to you or to the recipient of your gift on your behalf. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Events & Challenges
Whether it is a charity quiz night or a sponsored run, there are many ways in which you can raise funds for the UK Stem Cell Foundation. Running your own event or taking part in a challenge are fantastic and fun ways for you to support us, with the added bonus of making new friends. The only limit is your imagination!
Here are some ideas for starters:
For the active
- Run – 5 km, 10 km, half-marathons and marathons – we have charity places at a number of events. Contact us for more information at email@example.com
- Golf tournament
- Parachute jump
- Bungee jump
- Charity ball
- Charity auction and raffle
- Car boot sale
- Quiz night
- Talent contest
- Face painting
- Bake off
- Treasure hunt
- Race night
- Shave or wax
- Weight loss
- Haggis throwing
- Sell your unwanted stuff on eBay
- Bag pack at your local supermarket
For a Major Challenge
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Cycle from London to Paris
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Go white water rafting
- Cycle from John O’Groats to Land’s End
You can raise sponsorship for your event or activity by:
- Setting up your personal on-line fundraising page and asking all of your friends, family and acquaintances to sponsor you through it. The UK Stem Cell Foundation has registered with a choice of secure websites through which you can do this:
- Using UKSCF sponsorship forms to collect sponsorship (these are available in our fundraising packs or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a supply.
There is a range of ways in which you can promote your event or activity and help to generate extra publicity and support. These include contacting:
- Local clubs and groups, such as golf clubs, rugby clubs, football clubs, cycling clubs, scouts, guides, rotary clubs, and Round Table clubs to see if they would run fundraisers, make a donation or sponsor you;
- Local newspapers and radio stations – to find out if they might get involved in an awareness raising campaign or fundraiser for you or the Foundation;
- Local businesses who might provide financial or in-kind sponsorship – ask if they will support the UKSCF as their preferred charity, match any funds you raise or will help raise funds through their own efforts – e.g. a race night, charity ball or event, car boot sale, etc.;
- Ask friends and acquaintances if they will nominate the UKSCF as their preferred charity at their own work or club.
Tell us about your event or challenge. We would love to know about your fundraising plans. We can help you with advice, packs, tools and support.